Tuesday, September 11, 2012

One of many pet peeves!

Okay, I love my husband but there are time when I wonder why and how.  For those of you who know me, you know that I have A LOT of health problems.  Needless to say husband has taken great care of me through all my surgeries, recoveries and never ending illness.

For those of you that don't know me, I have been over weight the majority of my life and my body is paying for it now.  My knees are shot, as well as my back, neck, arms, and hands.  A couple of years ago my doctor told me that I if I didn't make changes I would be living in a wheelchair for the rest of my life.  Made the decision to have weight loss surgery and it has helped but the damage was done.  All this to tell you that the hardest part of my life is that I have to let others help me.

I was raised to take care of myself and my family.  If it needed to be done you do it.  You don't stop and ask everyone how should we handle this or who should take care, you just get it done.  Hard for my family to realize I don't think about what will happen if I do something.  It needed to be done and I did it.  All this to say that I have slowly, very, very, very slowly come around to letting others help me.

Now my husband comes home on Friday night and can hardly walk in the house.  Side note he has terrible knees but he is a man so it is different for him than for me.  Just ask him, I dare you!  He went to a training seminar for mission work on Saturday and came home and told me it was so much better.  Talked me in to letting him go to the grocery store.  He made it there and back did ok until time to go to bed.  Could not get comfortable didn't want anything to touch his knee.  EPIC FAILURE!! The next morning he could hardly get out of bed.

Have begged and pleaded for him to go to the doctor but as all women know men are different and it is getting better.  I just need to relax he has it all under control.  CONTROL??? Trying very hard not to do the physical screaming that is going off in my head.

How is it that women had carry children for 9 months and push them out of our bodies after hours of labor and live to walk the world again.  If man made get a sore throat or cold the world falls apart but if they are bleeding or hurting we women just need to understand.  Will I understand that the Cave Man has entered the room and I need a REALLY big club to help him to go back to the cave where he belongs.

Rest at easy because the next time I start to get the lecture of how people are waiting to help me and I should never, ever do something so silly again.  I will bring out the pictures of the cave man to remind my Honey Bunny that he needs to practice what he preaches.

Thank you for allowing me to dust off my soap box today.  I really needed this, so much better than banging my head agains the brick wall I have currently been using.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, encouraging words and for taking the time to read my blog.